Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Do they Last?

Tonight I was on my way home from a Gainesville Pet Rescue board meeting, and I heard on the radio that Justin Timberlake opened a restaurant in NYC called "Southern Hospitality."  The first thing I thought was, "Nice, way to rep in the big city."  Then I thought "What southern foods do they serve and will weight conscious New Yorkers actually frequent it?" Then the biggest question of all came to me..."How many celebrity owned restaurants actually make it?"

Lo and behold there is actually a website dedicated to celebrity eateries!
http://headlinerdiners.com/default.aspx

One particular link on it "Notable Restaurants Now Closed."  It lists the place, who owned it and when it closed.
And celebrity eateries in the movies! This site is pretty cool and has lots of information.

Notably, "Southern Hospitality" is not J Tim's first foray into being a restauranteur.  His first place "Chi" in NYC closed in 2005. And he has one still open called "Destino's" in NYC.

1 comment:

SoMuchToSay said...

nice! I think if I had exorbitant amounts of extra cash to invest, I would TOTALLY open a restaurant. I loved working back of the house, I just didn't love the 60+ work week. :)