Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Somebody has to do it

And tonight it was me. I got the pleasure of cleaning a batch of the museum votives we use for events. This is annoying on so many levels. For starters, they belong to the membership department, but being the nice person I am I let anyone borrow them that needs them. Not one person has offered to clean them. They get put back in the closet covered in wax. Then when I go to use them, they are a mess. Secondly, they are covered in wax. When people borrow them they tilt them with hot wax in them, thus getting wax all over. I prefer to be OCD and let the wax cool before I move them. Thus keeping the wax in the little tea light metal cups.

Now how to clean them depends on whether there is a lot of wax or just "smudgy" wax. A lot of wax can be frozen out. For smudgy wax I use super hot water in a bowl, soak them then wipe them down. Both methods are pretty effective.

Here are the fruits of my labor. Well about half of them anyways.


No comments: