Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

First Bite

I got home late last night from a Cultural Affairs Board meeting. As I was unloading all of my things, Steve comes out with Elsa wrapped in a  towel and tells me I need to see her daily report from school and adds "You won't be happy."

Elsa bit a fellow kid at daycare. She apparently gets very upset when you talk to her about. Like to the point of crying when you say "we don't bite." So she definitely knows it was wrong. Her reaction is so strong, that I wonder what the heck was her punishment yesterday? What did they say or do to her to tell her she was wrong? Or is she just that sensitive to scolding? Honestly, she is such a good, loving, and sweet kid that scoldings are rare and she does get upset when you do it.

To add to this she had zyrtec for allergies and got very little sleep the night before. I researched the zyrtec for side effects and aggression kept coming up over and over again. She only had one dose, but could that have been what caused her to bite someone? Coincidence? I don't know. We have not given her zyrtec again just in case.


No comments: