Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good Weekend

I had an enjoyable weekend. Lt me tell you about it.

Saturday Morning I went over to the O'Dome to man the Gainesville Pet Rescue table at the Gainesville Home Show.  This is always a rewarding experience. People love to tell us their stories, of their adoptions, their pets, the animals they are feeding at their door. Some stories are happy and some are sad.  Many people left donations in our jar.  More than I had gotten in previous times I had done this.  Being able to tell people about the organization is always a positive!

Saturday afternoon was relaxing, did some laundry, started reading my book for the next book club, A Supremely Bad Idea: Three Mad Birders and Their Quest to See It All. Obviously this month's topic is birds.  The book started out a little slow, so we will see how it goes.

Saturday afternoon (6ish) Carter and Brittany came over to watch the gators clinch the outright SEC championships.  Steve heads off next weekend to the SEC tourney.  After the win, we were sitting around watching some TOSH.0 and I had a brilliant idea to go to the airport to greet them back from Nashville.  Brittany had never gone, so we thought it would be fun.  Steve called Jeff to see if he knew when they were coming in and of course he had decided to go out there too.  So we all went out there (sans Carter) and greeted the team.  Billy Donovan was very grateful for our cheers and congrats, and the team looked tired! Brittany may have cried...we shall pick on her about this for about...forever.

Sunday I slept in and tried to enjoy the massive king size bed, which for a few hours I had all to myself.  Keegan did not like this idea and barked at me a few times to get up.  I begrudgingly did.  We ran sme errands and settled in for some more reading.

Steve made a lovely dinner of tender steak, backed potatoes and broccoli.  All in all a good weekend!

No comments: