Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My next installment on commercials

I normally get a kick out of commercials that make light of serious things.  Got to have a sense of humor right?  But lately, I have had issues with certain commercials.  Last post I talked about the Highlander commercials, and how they are ridiculously snobby and teach kids to be snobby.  I don't see the humor in that.  In fact, it makes me NOT want to ever buy a Highlander.

The Staples commercial where the family gets robbed, but their computer is so old that the robbers leave it, bothers me ALOT! The family is so flippant about being robbed.  I don't see the humor in that.  A violation of your space, the fact that strangers were in their house and took their things, wasn't a big deal.  But we need to get a new computer!

1 comment:

The Barber Family said...

I think its kind of like The Hangover...you wouldn't just strap a baby on your chest and name it Carlos if you found it in your room. The absurdity is the humor.