Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Operation Clear Skin

I have waged war against my skin.  In the last couple of years my skin has gone from amazing to crap.  It's dry, irritated, spotty and splotchy, and my pores make me look like I have chickenpox.   I have been to the dermatologist, they just give me steroidal cremes but no advice on how to fix the issue causing the problems.  And the cremes have yet to really work.

I got a wonderful massage with a milk and honey body butter from Spa Royale this past Friday.  It was amazing (thanks Shannon!). I also got some advice on how to treat my skin for the issues I have.  She recommended some wonderful products!

First, she said I need to exfoliate.  I have been bad at this, and didn't really know what method was best.  Well, this is the most wonderful product for exfoliating: LaLicious Sugar Soufflé Scrub.
I got the Sugar Kiss.  Smells a lot like cotton candy, a tiny bit overwhelming. I might go with  different scent next time.  But holy moly! In one treatment my skin felt A-Mazing!!!! The sugar granuals exfoliate then they melt away into a wonderful oil moisturizer. I hope to see the little bumps on my arms disappear over time. There is a noticeable difference already!
Second, my skin needs constant hydration.  Shannon suggested Pure Fiji for the chickenpox pores.  I got the Hydrating Body Lotion in mango. It smells sooooo yummy.  It's nut based, so if you have nut allergies this probably isn't for you. The nut extract oils hydrate the skin and keeps it silky smooth.

Happy hydrating!!!

No comments: