Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sometimes Nothing is Going On

And sometimes, I can be a nosey neighbor. On Sunday afternoon, Steve and I were just hanging at the abode.  We had our front room curtains wide open, enjoying the beautiful sunlight coming through.  The house across the street is for sale and currently vacant. Late in the afternoon I see the last tenants pull up in their explorer with a very large trailer, they back up to the front door.  At this point, I'm curious and wondering what the heck they are doing. They open the front door using the pin code door lock, and proceed to load up the over-the-stove microwave, the fridge, and the washer and dryer. And maybe the dishwasher.
While this is going on someone who appears to be a realtor with a couple come to see the house for sale. Now I'm thinking its about to get messy. But no, they just load up and leave. Awkward!
The only thing I could think of to do was tell my realtor. Who then in turn contacted the agency for the house.
I will probably never know if they had made some deal with the owners to buy the appliances, or if they were stealing them.
I hope it was a deal, because they seemed like really nice people.

No comments: