Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

FAM and DNA

Today was a great week.  Attended the Florida Association of Museums conference in Tampa.  It is always great to see my fellow colleagues and friends.  It also gives me great ideas to take back to the museum.  I get reinvigorated about what I do. All in all, it is not only a treat, but a great learning experience.  This year I presented a session called "Fundraising is Everyone's Business." And I moderated the Membership forum.  It was fun, and they got a lot of good responses.

We also got the call about our first genetic screening.  I went from the chances of the baby having Downs from 1 in 183 (based on my age), to 1 in 3000. And the Trisomy 18 is now 1 in 5000.  Very happy. Still have some more screenings to go.  But it's all looking good so far!!

No comments: