Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

On Our Own

The day that I was dreading came. On Monday Steve went back to work.  We had a wonderful 3 weeks home together with Elsa.  I know he is sad to go back and leave us, and I am too.

On Tuesday I had to overcome a minor fear I had, leave the house with Elsa by ourselves. It seems like a very silly fear. She is just a baby and I am an adult, a very independent adult, who is used to doing things on my own.  But for some reason getting her ready, making sure she was fed, changed, and her diaper bag was packed was a real stress.  Then add the fact that I had to carry her carrier, and be able to get her very heavy stroller in and out of the car and figure out all it's bells and whistles, and I was a nervous wreck. I think the biggest issue is making sure she is fed. She is on a pretty strict schedule, and I was afraid of messing that up. I also had to overcome the uncomfortableness of breast feeding her in public.

Well, we succeeded. We went to the new mom lunch at North Florida Regional Medical Center.  I made it through all the things I mentioned above, and fed her while I was there.  Success!! I am still recovering from our outing, and we get to do it again tomorrow when I take her to a doctor's appointment.  Baby steps.  At some point these excursions will be old hand. Right?

No comments: