Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

FAM with a baby

Every year I attend the Florida Association of Museums conference. Each year it is in a different Florida city and we get to tour the various museums in the evenings after the sessions are over for the day. The last few years I have even had some sessions of my own and I assist with the Emerging Museum Professional track.  I truly enjoy my time at these conferences. I have learned a lot and have gotten to know some great people.

This year was the first one since Elsa was born. At 5 months old, I wasn't ready to leave her for 4 days and 3 nights yet. So I asked Steve to come along and bring her. He got excited for a bout a minute until I told him it would be in Tallahassee. Ha ha. I was a completely different experience having them there. I didn't network as much as I normally would, but it was awesome to have them go on the tours with me in the evenings. Now that I have done it with a baby, I probably wouldn't repeat it. It's hard to be fully engaged in the conference while also thinking about when the next time I needed to be back at our room to feed her was.

All in all, a great conference and I got to show off the Elsa! :-)

So she wouldn't stand up straight for a photo. Best I have though.  We were in the Senate Chamber of the Capitol Museum.


No comments: