Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Countdown of Thanks

This year I decided to do a Thanksgiving Countdown on Facebook. I thought this was a good place to put them all together in one place, so in the coming years I can reflect on them.

#1: I am thankful for my amazing husband and daughter. (The rest of the family is coming don't worry, I have 22 of these to do. Lol)

#2: I am thankful for the support and love from our families.


#3: I am thankful for connecting and building an amazing relationship with my sister, brother-in-law and nieces. They have enhanced my life more than I realized.


#4: I am thankful for a stable roof over our heads. We can pay our mortgage, keep the lights on and provide a safe place for Elsa. Not everyone can say that and I realize that it's a special thing.


#5: I am thankful for the stable decent paying jobs that both Steve and I have. Again, I know these are something special, because not everyone has one. And I appreciate that.


#6: I Am thankful I live in a country where I can express my rights by voting in a free election. Please vote today! Please be kind to your fellow Americans! And please respect the process and get on board with whoever is in office. No matter who that person is he is or will be our president!


#7: I am thankful for being a mom. This wasn't something that came easy, but since it finally did come it has been amazing. Everyday I learn something new about myself through her eyes.


#8: I am thankful for such a wealth of good friends. From elementary school to college and adult to mommy they have helped shape who I am. Their support is amazing and I can only hope I am as good a friend to them as they are to me.


#9: I am thankful that my husband recognized I needed some me time and got me a pamper me day. He went fishing, ulterior motive? Ha ha


#10: I am thankful for a gator win no matter how ugly it was. On a deeper level, I'm thankful for the fact that I grew up in such a great town with great people, places and teams. We have the outdoors, great museums, community events, and a superb university. Go Gainesville!!


#11: I am thankful for friends with witty kids. I truly enjoy the little quips posted on Facebook. "out of the mouths of babes."


#12: I am thankful for my fur babies. They are annoying, fluffy, smelly, adorable, sweet, eat poop, destructive at times and love us unconditionally.


#13: Thankful my mother taught me that if I have a dream about someone or am really thinking about them to connect with them. There is always a reason they are so strongly in your thoughts.


#14: I am thankful for incredible health insurance. Without it I would probably be a hermit hiding from the world with migraines everyday. My wish is for everyone in America to be provided affordable healthcare options, for healthcare costs to be realistic and for those less fortunate be provided preventative healthcare.


#15: I am thankful for my daughter having the best dad. He changes diapers, feeds her, bathes her, plays with her and makes her smile. What more could a mama ask for?


#16: I am thankful for modern conveniences. Where would I be without my laptop, iPhone, fancy camera, dishwasher, Internet, big screen tv and video baby monitor? And do much more. Probably reading a real book instead of an electronic one. ;-) (And after the actual post, I realized I needed to say I wasn't bragging, but I might need an intervention.)


#17: it's Saturday so I should be thankful for another gator win. But that's been done already. I am thankful for early morning wake ups so we can go to the Flying Biscuit Cafe without waiting in line. Love creamy dreamy grits!


#18: I am apparently thankful for a wonderful husband. Because as I was told, you can't say it enough. I do adore him and love all that he does for me and Elsa.


#19: I am thankful for a fenced in backyard. It gives our fur kids the ability to run around all crazy. Elsa loves watching them, puts a smile her little face.


#20: thankful we arrived to our thanksgiving destination safely.


#21: I am thankful for the special gifts we have received this year, especially Elsa Anna.


#22: my final thanks is for family, love, friends, peace, and laughter. All things I could not live without. And I wish this for all of you!


No comments: