Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Bye Bye Paci

The first night home with our little angel was tough. She would only sleep while sucking on my finger. I was so exhausted the next day, and my arm was very sore from hanging it over the co-sleeper. I think it fell asleep several times off and on throughout the night. We had been very adamant about not giving Elsa a pacifier until she was at least 2 weeks old if not a little longer. That second night home came and I gave in. Luckily we did have any issues with her feeding while using it.

Lately, she has gotten very fond of sucking her fingers on her left hand. So fond that she has begun to completely reject her pacifiers. Although I am glad we won't have to go through paci weaning, I'm not sure how to deal with the fingers in the future. The best part of it though is that she can self soothe herself to sleep.  That is a very nice bonus.


No comments: