Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Letter to My Daughter

Dear Elsa,
On this your first birthday I want to take a few moments to reflect on how you have changed our lives. It took a lot of effort and determination to bring you into this world. Lots of doctors, blood draws, procedures. It was all worth it! You arrived bright eyed and have remained that way. So alert of your surroundings and inquisitive of everything you come into touch with. It is so much fun to watch you explore, and to see how hard you think about things. We thought we would break you when you first came home, you were so tiny. But you proved us wrong. You are tough and strong. Nothing really phases you for long. Shots, they got nothing on you! A hug from momma or daddy and you are all better. Your smile is contagious. From the day you first smiled at us to your toothy silly grin you give us now, my heart just wants to burst when I see it.
I was not a morning person, but you have changed that. It helps that you are so darn adorable, so waking up to your chattering makes it all ok. I had to learn to be patient, which is NOT how I roll. Being a working mom is tough, there is no down time. But again, you are so worth it. Luckily, you have an amazing daddy that I can tag team with. My organizational OCD has been thrown out the window. Just take a look around our home and you will see that a wonderful little person lives there. Along with her two dogs and two cats. I have had to learn to let things go. Laundry can wait. What dishes? However, the floor really needs to be swept daily. At least while you are crawling. Sometimes I still struggle with this one, but when you crawl over to me and put your hands on my shins and look up at me with your sweet little face, how can I keep folding clothes? Pick you up I must!

My hopes for you are for peace in your heart, love for who you are, common sense and that you will take these things to become an independent woman who can conquer anything!

I Love You Elsa Anna!!

Momma