Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Moving Day

I wish I had taken photos on moving day, but I did not. We had signed a pre-occupancy agreement so we could move in on the 28th prior to our closing date (which at that time had ben scheduled for the 30th). I read over the agreement and found it funny that we had 10 days to vacate if the sales fell through for any reason. Oh and we had to do it in an agreeable manner. Lol. I guess we had to be nice about it and not cause any trouble. Of course as weird things popped up with our buyer I got crazy nervous that we would have to move back to the old house.

Steve and I worked on loading and unloading boxes and other random, lighter furniture earlier in the day. Then I had to go to my first official Cultural Affairs Board meeting and orientation. So I had to take a shower and run out. Some of his buddies came over to help load and move the furniture. I can't thank them enough (Carter, Brittany, James,  and Tim, you guys and gal rock!!). Lindsey picked up some pizza that we ordered from Pomodoros so we could feed everyone.

It was exhausting, but it all got done and we slept in our new house for the first time on wed. Elsa had adjusted fairly well. She cried a bit and finally got quiet, then we realized that we forgot to set up her monitor, so Steve went back in there to set it up. That of course stirred her and she cried a little bit more before falling asleep. On Thurs. night Steve said she fell asleep early. So much going on.  The animals are also adjusting just fine.

No comments: