Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What Do You Do with A Girl?

TI recently read a blarticle by a dad who was asked what he couldn't do with his daughter because she was a girl. It was great because it really showed the reader(s) that you can do anything with a girl that you can do with a boy.

It reminds me of the day we found out Elsa was going to be a girl. Steve looked so concerned, and I got worried because I thought he might be disappointed. But he said to me that he didn't know what to do with a girl. My response was simple: "whatever you do with a boy you can do with her." And it's true. She can play sports, color, create, explore…I could go on. She can do whatever she wants to do. And they can share their interests with each other as she grows up. So far it's brought me great joy in watching them together. Melts my heart.



Update: I found the link to the blarticle. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5125151?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000037

No comments: