Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Grandad

This is my Grandad, Robert Lee Campbell.
He was always a formidable strong man, who commanded respect and a slight tinge of fear from most people.  He is my grandad; Lovable, adoring, and always laughing. He lives in North Carolina, far from us in Florida, and visits are very few and far between.  When we do visit an hour is about all he can really take, really concentrate and focus. I have been with my husband for 5 years, and this winter he met my grandad for the first time.  He was unable to come to our wedding, too frail to travel, so we made him his own wedding book with photos.  His wife, Nadine, says he showed it off to the nurses and others when he was ill in the hospital.  Nadine takes great care of him and we couldn't appreciate that more.

I hope he is proud of me. I think he is, and I think he is proud of my dad and the man he has become.    I know it is hard for my dad to se his father wither away before our eyes, but I know he appreciates the time he gets to spend with him.  We wish he were closer so we could have more hour long visits with him.  But alas, I think this is where he will stay until the end.

To my grandad, I love you!!

No comments: