Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

New Traditions

With Elsa coming it has really made me think about traditions.  I have to say there aren't many that are related to my heritage (Swedish) that we have with our family.  So I have decided that Steve and I need to start some new traditions of our own.  Some of the things I want to do include having a signature dish we cook for the holidays and learning about and using traditions from both our heritages.
One thing that we did do in our family was make yummy rosettes. This is a Swedish tradition and I want to start making them this year. My mom has all of our original irons, but a local store sells them as well, so I may purchase a set of my own.

Last night we went to Haile Village Center for their Light the Village festivities.  Andreas' mom Marianne owns a store in the Village called European Essentials.  And of course (since she is Swedish) she carries tons of Scandinavian items.  Including Swedish ornaments.  So we started our collection,  and got these adorable ones:

So let the traditions begin!!

No comments: