Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Why it doesn't feel like Christmas

I see the inordinate amount of holiday sales commercials, I hear the holiday music, and I see the Christmas lights all over the neighborhood.  Yet, it doesn't feel like Christmas yet. Here is why:

1. It's Florida, and it is currently 72 degrees outside. I'm wearing a tank top, capris and flip flops.

2. Our house is for sale, so we can't decorate. No lights and no tree (no room for tree without rearranging the house which would make it look "crowded" and "smaller"). We do have a pretty wreath on the door.  I felt like that was harmless enough.

3. I haven't started wrapping the gifts for which I just bought yesterday (a mere 6 days prior to Christmas).

We won't be home for Christmas, so it isn't terrible that we didn't decorate.  Next year when Elsa is here you better believe I will go all out.  A couple of years of pent up Christmas creativity will throw up all over our house.  And hopefully no animals will get hurt in the process.  Haha.

No comments: