Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Reflections on Week One

Today marks a big milestone, week one with our little girl. Seven whole days.  I thought I might make some reflections on the wonderful week we have had with her.

Falling in love instantly is possible.  It took time for me to get to know my wonderful husband and eventually fall in love with him.  With Elsa, it was instantaneous. One look and I was hooked!

I have fallen even more in love with my husband.  Didn't think that was possible, I loved him so much already.  Watching him be a daddy is an amazing sight. Elsa will definitely be a daddy's girl.

My fear about the dogs with her have so far been unrealized.  They really don't mind her. If she is crying really hard, Brisco gets a little concerned but otherwise they leave her alone. I will not let my guard down with them though, We are waiting for our new baby gate to get here so I can have some separation between the them and Elsa and let her do things like sit in her swing.

I was so worried that Keegan's barking would surely keep her awake. We worked hard with him, but it was a failure.  She is completely unfazed by his barking, or the vacuum, or load speaking people.  This is AWESOME! Unless something changes I am hoping we won't be a "Shhhh baby is sleeping" household.

Everything takes practice.  Swaddling, breast feeding, baths, all of it takes a little patience and a lot of practice!
Baby Burrito
It's more than the fundamentals. I may have nannied for eons while growing up, but it only prepared me so much.  Being a momma to this little girl is going to take way more than basic fundamentals on how to change diapers. Figuring out how to shape her into a young woman that can conquer anything in this world carries way more weight than a few dirty diapers.


Each day teaches us something new about her. I wouldn't trade this for anything!

1 comment:

janice said...

This post kinda made me want one of my own. Then I decided I'd rather play the cool aunt. :)