Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Ahhhh Vacation

We are slowly bringing our first vacation with Elsa to an end. I'm not sure a vacation with a 3 month old is truly a "vacation." Let us recap.
A normally 5 hour drive took almost 7 hours. Stops to feed Elsa put us back a little bit. This long drive also put Elsa off her sleep schedule for a couple of days. This is turn made her momma and daddy exhausted.
I got sick. Not sure what the heck is/was wrong with me, but it isn't/wasn't fun.  4 nights so far and that means I haven't had the best vacation. Which is sad. I was looking forward to this so much. Crossing my fingers for tonight.
The fun stuff includes whitewater rafting on the Ocoee yesterday. Walking around downtown Blue Ridge. Finding a pair of Marie Switch Flops to replace the ones I have worn out that are now discontinued. Surviving a freak wind storm that took a tree down across the road leading out from our cabin. (Tree has since been chopped up enough for us to get out).  The giant jacuzzi bathtub that I have soaked in a couple of times so far. It's awesome! Must get one for myself someday. Elsa meeting Karen for lunch at the Twisted Taco. And Elsa meeting her cousins, and we got to meet Blake. Blake is Elsa's cousin born 2 days before her.

All in all a decent yet exhausting vacation. And we still have a VERY long drive home on Sunday.

No comments: