Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Profound Sadness

I've been trying to process the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary. I've always felt a little heartbroken to hear of any person losing a loved one. But for some reason this particular one, was so heinous that a deep sadness welled up inside me. I really do think having a child of my own gives me a new or different perspective on situations like this, than if I had not had a child. My heart is full of love for my precious little girl, and I could not imagine how it would feel to lose her. To lose her in a way such as that.
I cried over the initial news of the incident, and then I thought all day about those parents. ALL of those parents. So many of them who will never see their children alive again. The agony of waiting for their little bodies to be returned to them, so they could begin the process of mourning them.

Today was my birthday, and there was definitely a cloud hanging over it. I can accept having a sad birthday, because I will go on and continue to have many happy birthdays. But those special little children will not.

My heart goes out to all those affected by this tragedy. And I will hug my little Elsa much closer.

No comments: