Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Salt Dough, DOH!

Pinterest has so many good ideas. I love looking through them, and dream about what projects I will do in my spare time. Ha ha, spare time. Projects are never as easy as they appear. To see tons of "Pintrocities"and get a good chuckle, check out this website.

My big project was to make salt dough hand print ornaments that looked like santa like this:

From the get go, I realized we were not going to get this beautiful ornament. So plan b, just make a circle handprint and paint it with some paint I already had. I had no idea what a pain this was going to be. Every time I tried to put Elsa's hand in the dough she scrunched her fingers, squishing the dough in her hands. Finally I decided to wait until she was asleep and do it.  That worked! But then they would not dry. I tried baking them several times, left them out over night, and they just would not get dry. I also put them on tin foil, bad idea. Always use wax paper! 

I finally gave in and just painted them. And this is what we ended up with:


One got eaten off our tree by a little black dog named Brisco, which infuriated me!! 

In the end, I am so glad I did this because I will have a memory of Elsa's tiny hand for the rest of our lives (as long as a dog doesn't eat it.)

 




No comments: