Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Nursery Projects

Spent this weekend working on some nursery projects. I am loving seeing things come together, albeit slowly. We had already painted the walls a pale yellow last weekend.  And right now I am praying all of this matches the bedding, which I have only seen online.

My first project was to add a little pizzaz to a mirror I bought at the Just Between Friends sale.  I got it for $8!  I saw this photo on pinterest.com and loved the subtle hint of teal on the edges of the bunk bed railing.

 It gave me a great idea to do that to my mirror.
Before
After


I saw this lamp online and really wanted it. I talked about this in an earlier post.  It was at target, but I couldn't find it.  Then they finally got it in.  But it cost about $50 with the lamp and lampshade.
So I scored an old lamp from my mother-in-law that had a great shape to it.  It was pretty dated, and was forest green and brass.  With a little bit of spray paint I ended up with the a new painted lamp.
Before
After
And I made my own lamp shade out of an old one we had, plus some matching ribbon I picked up at Michaels.
Before
And the finished product
After
After
Also got some ideas for the mobile while I was at Michaels.  But that is a project for another day.


No comments: