Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yes I CAN cook

Those that know me well, know that I hate to cook.  I never took to it as a kid. There were a few meals my mom cooked from scratch that I really enjoyed, but there were also a lot of meals cooked from the Betty Crocker Microwave Cookbook.

During the holidays the kitchens were too small for all of the women to be in there cooking.  I was the youngest so I stayed out of their way and watched football.

I like the idea of food just appearing in front of me.  One minute it's not there, the next it is. Viola! It's a beautiful thing.  I love that Steve cooks for me.  I can't say he likes to cook for me, but he does. I take care of the dishes after all is said and done. This is how we roll.

We picked some meals to cook for the next 2 weeks.  I decided for the recipes I picked out I would cook them.  So tonight I made a Cheesy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce.  We ate it over tortellini, and it was tasty.  So yes, I can cook.  But it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. 

No comments: