Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

How about a little common courtesy?

I don't know if I am getting old and crotchety or if people are just getting to be lazier and rude, but recently I have been getting annoyed all the time by the lack of common courtesy.

For example, if I am trying to park my car, turn at an intersection or I stop to let you walk by then DOUBLE TIME IT! Don't causally saunter, daydream, or chat on your phone. MOVE IT! Be kind and don't hold up other people. Your day and time is not more important than any other person's.

I've already lamented on my neighbors and their all hours of the day and especially night weight lifting that shakes my house.  You now know it shakes my house, so why don't you stop doing it at 3am. You know I have a baby.

And you can add my other neighbor to this list and his inability to be a responsible dog owner and keep her on a leash while she is out in the front yard. Instead he lets her run around into other people's yards causing a commotion with my dogs at the window, pulling items out of our other neighbor's recycle bin, and wanting to greet all of the passerby's. The people out walking their kids and dogs do not know her. They do not know that she really is a sweet dog. All they know is a stranger dog is running at them and they are worried, scared, concerned, pick your adjective.

Well last night I had an event, and some of the guests did not RSVP until the very last minute. Even though there was a clear RSVP date on the invitation. Some did not RSVP at all and thought it would be ok to come anyways. Then at the end of the night when the event was over (at 8pm) they WOULD NOT LEAVE! We were literally cleaning up underneath them and around them, and they still stayed and chatted and drank. We put the food and bar up, still here. We shut the music off, still here. We put all the tables up, still here. We cleaned the carpet, still here. We vacuumed, still here. We finally started turning the lights off, believe it or not all but 4 left at that time. Finally the last four wandered out. JERKS! The people working the event would like to go home and spend some time with their families, tv, bed, whatever. Be kind and get the H*** out!

No comments: