Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Verified by who?


I just about had a heart attack last night. I went online to purchase some more ram for my MacBook on crucial.com and at checkout this "verified by visa" thing popped up and asked me to verify my purchase. It looked legit at first. Even had Campus USA’s logo and everything. But after the transaction was over it sent me to another website to enter in my card number to log in to my newly created account. I panicked. I called the number on the back of my card, I called visa, I called the number of the verify service. I could not get any real answers as to whether or not it was legit. Then I remembered, duh! my friend Josh is the head of IT at Campus USA. He will know for sure, and he did. It was legit! Whew! Heart attack avoided. The small arrhythmia kept me up all night though.

No comments: