Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Goodbye Bubby

Yes I spelled that right. I always called Keegan "my little bubby." It has been a week since we had to say goodbye to Keegan. It has been rough, lots of crying. We have no idea how long he was sick, but it had to be for some time. He was a trooper in that he never showed he was sick. However, I wish he had. Maybe we could have caught it sooner and got him better. As it was, he was so sick that we were unable to save him. My main concern was making sure he wasn't suffering. I owed him that. Things are very different. When I pull into the driveway I cannot hear him barking. When I sneeze he doesn't go crazy. He isn't in the kitchen constantly begging for food. He isn't sleeping under my feet. And Elsa will never know him except from photos and videos. I've been asked if Brisco is sad. I think he may know Keegan isn't there. But although they were housemates and tolerated each other, I don't think Brisco will feel a deep sadness. So, I must say goodbye to my Keeger, Bob Keeger, Keegerator, fluffer nutter, the missile, and bubby. I loved him so much and I hope he knows that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We will all miss Keegan, aka Keegy Wonder and Steven Keegal all rolled into one little ball of fur (minus the time they shaved him for surgery lol). I know how hard it is to let a friend like that go, but if there was every anyone more loving to their pets than I think I am, you take the cake. You gave him the BEST life a pup could ever dream of. They say all dogs go to heaven, and I really hope the Keegstand is up there with a big box of dog treats watching over you and your growing family. *intarweb hug for choo*
-Josh