Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Why I'm glad I accidentally purchased waterproof mascara

The last couple of days have been super rough. Keegan got sick on Friday, and we had him admitted to UF Vet Med on Saturday when he took a turn for the worse. Currently he has a mass of either solidified fluid or mucecelle in his gall bladder. This is causing peritonitis and acute liver failure. Of course the easiest fix is surgery for $4000+. We cannot afford that at all, in fact what we have paid thus far we cannot afford. Even if we could find the money it only has a 50% success rate. So we are attempting to treat him with meds and see if he gets any better. We are giving it two days to show significant improvement. If he doesn't then we have to prepare to say goodbye to our little buddy.

There are many things we do not know, and would not without surgery. For one, we don't know if the gall bladder has been perforated. There is some fluid, but not enough to definitively say it has. We don't know what caused the mass. We don't know even if we bring him through this bout that it won't reoccur.

So right now we wait, and cry, and miss him terribly while he sits in doggy hospital. I hurt for my little man. I want him to be ok. I want him to not feel pain. I want him to be a happy pup again. If he can't, I want him to be at peace.



No comments: